October 10, 2020
After decades of hiding, Félicien Kabuga of Rwanda is facing justice for nearly one million Tutsis slaughtered during the Rwanda Genocide.  This genocide was neglected by the world and this negligence has contributed to the vast extent of the Tutsis extermination.
The Amara genocide victims repeatedly voiced that the genocide committers were assisted by the regional administrators and the security of apparatus in the genocides and ethnic cleansings of Amaras for three decades, especially for the last three years.
The Ethiopian Kabugas organized and promoted the killings of Neftegnas-the nick name the Ethiopians Kabugas gave for the Amaras. In the past one year, thousands have been massacred and hundreds of thousands cleansed from the central, southern, Eastern and Western parts of Ethiopia. The barbarians inspired and organized by the Ethiopian Kabugas, slaughtered pregnant women, chopped the victims’ necks, drag and hang their dead bodies. [2-3]
The genocide committed for the last three years is the continuation of the slow-motion ethnic cleansing and genocide of Amaras, Gurages and Agnwaks for three decades. As Ethiopians know first- hand, and international human rights organizations documented, there have been continuous ethnic cleansing of Amaras in Bedeno, Gura Ferda, Arba Gugu, Arusi Negele, Wolkait, Raya, Metekel and Shewa for decades. [4-14]
It appears that the Ethiopian people is forgetting genocide victims and the survivors of the ethnic cleansing. The people of Ethiopia shall not walk on the coffins of the dead souls carrying the throne of the Ethiopian Kabugas. The Amaras should understand the Amara genocide will continue unless they organize and force the Ethiopian Kagbugas face justice and defend themselves. Similarly, the nations of the world should not repeat the same mistakes they made during the Rwandan genocide.
The dead souls are watching from the sky when the kabuga of Rwanda is in facing the court, but the Kagbugas of Ethiopia are still enjoying the Thrones!
- France Arrests Rwandan Fugitive Accused of Financing 1994 Genocide https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/world/europe/france-rwanda-genocide-kabuga.html (Last accessed in May, 2020)
- International Crisis Group: Diffusion Ethiopia’s latest Perilous crisis, https://www.crisisgroup.org/africa/horn-africa/ethiopia/defusing-ethiopias-latest-perilous-crisis
- ሰበር ዜና፡ በአርሲ ነገኤ የተፈጸመው እጅግ አሳስዛኝ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXRSpxariQ
- ሰብአዊ መብት ጉባኤ ሪፖርት 2008 ዓ.ም. http://ehrco.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/HRCO-141st-Special-Report-Amharic-Sene-01-2008.pdf (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Protest Crack Down killed hundreds, Ethiopia, Human Rights Watch https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/06/15/ethiopia-protest-crackdown-killed-hundreds (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Extrajudicial executions, Arbitray arests and detntions Amnesty International (Last accessed in April, 2020) https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/africa/ethiopia/report-ethiopia/ (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Ethiopia, Police Open fire on Protesters https://freedomhouse.org/article/ethiopia-police-open-fire-protesters (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Genocide watch documents on Ethiopia http://www.genocidewatch.org/ethiopia.html (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Three million Amhars Missing, Berhanu Abegaz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-g-YWYBdbM (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Three Million Amara are Missing: An Analysis based on the 1994 and the 2007 Ethiopian Population Censuses , Berhanu Abegaz , http://ethiomedia.com/101facts/4513 9 (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Human right violation of Amharas Muluken Tesfaw http://video.ethsat.com/?p=24983 (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Amara Genocide in Bedeno Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZJIfUkx9M (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Amara Masscre in Arba gugu video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3v9jcDAmDI (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- The impact of Cervical Cancer Prevention Vaccine in Amara Region.: Ambar https://www.ambapu.org/sites/default/files/2019-03/አምባ%20HPV%20Vaccine%20in%20Ethiopia_1.pdf (Last accessed in April 2020)
- Remembering the Anuak Massacre: Begin by Lighting Your Candle and then Your Neighbor’s Until Our Candles Bring Light Over Our Nation http://www.anuakjustice.org/
- Torture in Ogaden Jail: we are like dead” the Guardian https://www.hrw.org/report/2018/07/04/we-are-dead/torture-and-other-human-rights-abuses-jail-ogaden-somali-regional ( last accessed in May, 2020)
The writer can be reached at [email protected]
October 4, 2020.