By Belayneh Abate
After innocent Amaras and Christians were savagely exterminated, the ruthless rulers who govern the regions of genocide are completing the tenth stage of genocide: DENIAL. According to Genocide watch, denial is the final stage of genocide. 
In the country where the famous historian Herodotus called the land of just men, unfortunately we have heard and seen the gruesome slaughtering of Amaras and Christians of other ethnic groups in the southern, Eastern, Western and Central Ethiopia. Ethiopians and part of the world population have learned that the barbarian killers were shouting “get out Amara”, get out neftegna (a code for Amara), get out orthodox while they were killing the martyrs they identified prior to the killings. These heinous barbarians murdered even nine-month pregnant women in front of her children shouting, “kill the unborn and the would be Christian.” How further can genocide go beyond the killing of unborn child based on his possible future identity? [2-7]
When the barbarians were slaughtering the unborn babies, children, pregnant women, the youth and the elderly, the local administrators and security forces were watching idly and, in some instances, reportedly participating in the killings. When the barbarians burned the businesses and houses of citizens in Shashemene following the lists they compiled, they first controlled the gas stations to have unrestricted access for petroleum they used to ignite the fires. The local administrates and security forces did nothing to stop the burning of the residences and business centers of the victims. These evidences confirm the already established facts that genocides do not occur without direct or indirect participation of local, regional or central governments. [2-7]
The central, the regional and local “governments” are now flatly denying genocide to complete the tenth stage of genocide and to insert sharp spears in the broad wounds of the genocide survivors and our conscience. Just like the other genocide- denier governments in history, these ruthless rulers have started their futile attempt to destroy the evidences of genocides. They are intimidating genocide survivors not to talk about their ordeals and forcing witness not to give information to the local and international medias.
Furthermore, they are incarcerating courageous and historical journalists that exposed the genocides. No doubt these courageous incarcerated journalists will be rewarded on earth and in heaven when justice prevails as those timid and liar journalists who cover up the genocides will be cursed in history and the coming generations.
As it happened during the Jewish Holocaust, the actors of the genocides are not the only heartless people who are flatly denying the full-blown Amara and Christian genocides. Many disgruntled individuals are shamefully denying these genocides. Furthermore, many radio and television stations, websites, newspapers, magazines and websites are also denying these genocides either through intentional cover ups, or through dereliction of duties.
It is an unavoidable responsibility of this generation to make the primary actors, collaborators and genocide deniers face national and international justice. This responsibility should not be left to the next generations as it happened to the current generation of the Armenians.
In the meantime, the genocide survivors need physical, mental, and emotional support to mitigate their sufferings from post-traumatic syndromes. Children who have seen their parents slaughtered like Easter lambs and dragged on streets like tree branches will never have a normal life. Parents who have seen their children beheaded and denied timely burials will never live healthily lives. Therefore, the genocide victims shall receive timely justice, and the genocide survivors should get strong assistance from the general public, Churches, Mosques, psychiatrists and psychologists.
Ethiopians please stop being the habitual spectators of genocides and make grave historical mistakes. The Amaras and Christians in the regions of genocide should be provided with their God given rights and arms to organize and defend themselves.
Stop the Amara Genocide now!
End notes: (all last accessed on August, 2020)
- The Ten Stages of Genocide: https://www.genocidewatch.com/ten-stages-of-genocide
- የ 9ኝ ወር ነፍሰጡር ባለቤቴን ከ ልጆቼ ፊት የአማራ ልጅ አይወለድም ፣ ክርስቲያን አይወለድም ብለው
- [በኛ የደረሰ በማንም አይድረስ ] በአንድ ቤተሰብ 5 ሰዎች ተቆራርጠው የተገደለባቸው አሳዛኝ ቤተሰቦች
- ባለቤቴን በኢትዮጲያ ባንዲራ አስረዉ ነዉ ያረዱት! ፖሊስ ራሳችሁን አስመልጡ አንረዳችሁም አለን!
- ካሜራችን– “የሴት እና ወንድ አያቴን አሰቃይተው ገደሏቸው” በኦሮሚያ አሳሳ የተፈጽመ
- ካሜራችን – August 4, 2020, ክፍል 2 “ባሌን ገደሉት፤ ልጄን ቀረጣጠፉት” / Ethiopia news / Abbay Media news/
- ካሜራችን – August 3, 2020, በአሪሲ ዶዶታ ዴራ ከተማሰኔ 23 ምን ተፈጠረ? / Ethiopia news / Abbay Media news/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVRD9ObL8g
- Call IT by Its Real Name: It IS Amara genocide https://www.ethiopoint.com/call-it-by-its-real-name-it-is-amara-genocide/?fbclid=IwAR2Zrn_CO85B2ue9-Ak_oNGG-lY2af0-YFZ17FvZRR9Blie0TrfGb4hwb38
- Brutal Intellectuals Are Denying the Amara Holocaust, https://www.ethiopoint.com/brutal-intellectuals-are-denying-the-amara-holocaust/?fbclid=IwAR3CfoRB8yNBaDk00Iz1tiOn0n1F9fsubHbcdJcqr1xvttytt14sn40wIuM
- ፓትሪያሪክና ጳጳሳት ሆይ! በጎቻችሁን ለቀበሮ ቤተክርስትያናችሁን ለእሳት ገብራችሁ ወደ እማይቀረው ዓለም ስትሄዱ የሰማዩን ዳኛ ምን ሰርተን መጣን ልትሉት ነው? https://www.ethiopoint.com/amharic/archives/107974?fbclid=IwAR3a-VGahRDOHk18kEBivzA7IODbBvSqOXzPwIJLlkJJyYKgkXJReqa
- Hiding Genocide, https://www.ethiopoint.com/hiding-genocide-is-hiding-life-threatening-disease-and-committing-suicide/?fbclid=IwAR2JVMHCrGf5H3mwbF4Vw9asej5y5CADg_BkJwXDeVh5EuLFpkRUEks7144
- Bond and Dam Preaching Intellectuals https://www.ethiopoint.com/the-bond-fund-and-dam-preaching-intellectuals-why-your-pens-dry-to-write-about-amara-genocide/?fbclid=IwAR3DV4zySPgmLNd0jJCsfD8LjUrRY_sgxMqXkT9S_KQIw0nKWkjGx5A8WUc
- መንጋ ሆይ! እሽ ዓባይስ ያንተ ነው! ዘር ለማጣፋት የታረዱት ዜጎችስ የማን ናቸው?
- Concealing Amara Genocide, https://www.ethiopoint.com/concealing-the-amara-genocide-is-promoting-amara-massacre/
The writer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
August 7, 2020