“In the suburbs of Addis Ababa, there is a large prison called Kality where many political prisoners are currently being held, among them journalists Eskinder Negaand Reeyot Alemu. The journalists have told us a lot about the prison and its appalling conditions. Kality is divided into eight different zones, the last of which—Zone Eight—is dedicated to journalists, human right activists and dissidents.
When we came together, we decided to create a blog for the proverbial prison in which all Ethiopians live: this is Zone Nine.”
- “Blogs as an Alternative Public Sphere: The Role of Blogs, Mainstream Media, and TV in Russia’s Media Ecology”—Berkman Center for Internet and Society
- “The Global Information Technology Report 2014: Rewards and Risks of Big Data”—World Economic Forum
- “The Legal Needs of Emerging Online Media: The Online Media Legal Network After 500 Referrals”—Digital Media Law Project
- “Children, ICTs, and Development: Capturing the Potential, Meeting the Challenges”—UNICEF
- “Why the Cybersecurity Framework Will Make Us Less Secure”—Mercatus Center at George Mason University