FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRO Leadership Global dedicated its annual conference on “Bridging the leadership gaps to tackle the major challenges Africa faces”. The conference will be held on May 29th, 2019 6 – 9 pm at Veteran Plaza Civic Building in Silver Spring MD. The keynote speaker is H.E. Dr. Arikana Chihombori-Quao, AU Ambassador to the US. The conference incorporated a panel discussion and success stories of African leaders in the diaspora. Elected officials, Diplomats, and VIPs are also invited to attend as guest of honors. At the end of the conference, there will be a strategic consultation session among key strategic partners to brainstorm the next steps and ways to collaborate in bridging the leadership gaps in Africa.
Silver Spring, MD, May 17, 2019 (PRO Leadership)– This season is the last chance Africa has. It makes or breaks her future. Right now, the continent is at a crossroads. Africa has been lagging behind almost in every sector, far behind. If Africa continues this path because she is using the same approaches and with the usual pace that led her to this point, there is no better future for its people and the coming generations. She must take this season of her seriously and as her last chance to redeem herself. This is time to chart a new path, turn a new page. Otherwise, she will remain behind forever.
Africa now, however, has a new hope regardless of those skeptics who dubbed her ‘The Hopeless Continent’. Africa is the youngest continent endowed with untapped potential. These give her a competitive advantage to come out of her predicaments. What is more? Regardless of past misfortunes, betrayals, and brutalities in the forms of colonization, slave trade, and so on, Africa demonstrated resilience and survived. Now, we see so many encouraging changes in many parts of Africa. Hope is in the horizon.
21st C is Africa’s. She is an upcoming star in the universe. She is set to shine in the new Century. We at PRO Leadership see a bright future ahead for Africans. That is why we dedicated the next few decades to bride the leadership gaps in the continent so that she may tackle the challenges and seize the opportunities the new era presents. We are committed to play our fair share- together with our strategic partners, for the transformation of Africa. History is in the making and we would like to be part of this history.
Thus, PRO Leadership dedicated its annual conference on “Bridging the leadership gaps to tackle the major challenges Africa faces”. The organization created this platform to bring key stakeholders to launch its initiative that aims at bridging the leadership gaps in Africa in order to tackle the major challenges the continent faces, and also tap into the opportunities the 21st C presents.
The main goal of the conference is to signify the importance of developing the organizational and leadership capacity of Africa to tackle the major challenges the continent faces. The conference is designed to achieve the following specific objectives:
- To acknowledge the three major leadership gaps that exist
- To recognize the significant place and roles of leadership to tackle the major ills in Africa
- To discuss the roles of major key stakeholders to narrow the gaps
- To provide the platform for strategic partners to devise ways to partner in bridging the gaps
This is our hope that the remarks by the honorable Ambassador of AU to the US and other speakers will increase the awareness of participants about the critical roles leadership could play to tackle the major ills Africa faces. We also anticipate the following main outcomes at the end of the conference:
- Increased awareness about the need to invest on the organizational and leadership capacity of key stakeholders, which in turn empower them to tackle the major ills Africa faces.
- Clear understanding about the three major leadership gaps that exist and the potential approaches stakeholders should take individually and collectively to bridge these gaps
- The coming together of strategic partners to create synergy in bridging the 3 leadership gaps in the coming years and decades until Africa experiences true transformation.
African Diaspora community leaders; Elected Officials; representatives from international organizations; Private foundations; immigrant, women, and youth activists are expected to attend the conference. Below are confirmed speakers:
- Keynote by H.E. Arikana Chihombori-Quao, AU Ambassador to the US;
- Guest of Honor Speakers:
- Marc Elrich, County Executive of Montgomery County
- Tom Hucker, Councilmember of Montgomery County
- Mohamed E. ‘Mo’ Seifeldein, Councilman of Alexandria Virginia
- And more.
- Helena Mishoe, Rear Admiral of United States Public Health Service (Ret)
- Viola Llewellyn, Co-founder & President of Ovamba
- Samson Teffera, Board Member and Communication Lead of TASFA
- Matthew Breman, Regional Director, Africa of International Youth Foundation
- African Leaders Success Story Speakers:
- Julian Kiganda, Transformational Brand Strategist
- Omekongo Dibinga, Director of UPstander International
- Chiko Abengowe,CEO/Founder of Perfect Staffing Solutions, LLC
- Book Signing by Dr. Assegid Habtewold, Founder of PRO Leadership Global Inc.
About PRO Leadership:
Founded in 2009, PRO Leadership Global is a tax-exempt 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization based in Maryland, USA. PRO Leadership PROmotes leadership, PROduces leaders to bridge the leadership gaps (Geographic, Gender, and Generational leadership gaps) to tackle the major ills of the world one community at a time. To learn more about PRO Leadership, check out its website: http://www.proleadership.org
For more information and/or interviews, please contact:
Email: [email protected]